K

K is for knowledge which has a verb form of know. Know as in, "I do not know what to write about K in this A to Z challenge. I can not think of anything in my story that starts with K and now that I think of it I can not think of many words that do. There is the word knife and knack, but these are all I can think of at the moment.
Another thing I noticed is that every word that starts with K, at least every word I can think of, does not make the k sound but it is silent as in know, knife, and knack. I find this peculiar as every word that does make the k sound at the beginning starts with a c rather than a k. For example cat, can, cube, cake, cool, cathode, camera, etc.
What is the deal here? Why is the letter c, which makes more of an s sound, always taking the place of k? K is bigger looking after all so why is it always being taken advantage of by the c? The letter k even as two legs which I believe would give it an advantage over the little c which has the shape of a broken wheel. So why is it that c beats k all the time?
I do not know why k is so silent at the beginning of words, and I guess it just has a knack for being taken advantage of.  

2 comments:

LOL! Love this post. I just posted my ~k~ post, not because I didn't have something in my WIP to post about with this letter, but because this one just wanted to be difficult.

Your post made me laugh. Always appreciated.
SabrinaAFish

 

Thanks I'm glad I could make someone's day. Even if it just for a short while.

 

Post a Comment